The history of the Forfar Bridie is long and interesting if occasionally complicated, but there is little doubt that Maggie Bridie of Glamis (1779-1864) gave her name to the horseshoe shaped pastry with a tasty filling.
She had a shop in Glamis, a few miles South West of here, and also traded at various ‘trysts’ and markets. However, various bakers have laid claim to it over the years. James Torry from Aberdeen in 1833 and then David Jolly in Forfar from 1846, and from 1897 William Saddler, great grandfather of the present owner opened his bakery and produced a superior Bridie with the prefix Forfar.
Today, Michael, Morna and their team continue the tradition using locally sourced Aberdeen Angus beef. This and their traditional heritage means they are welcomed into the Aberdeen Angus Trail.
Find us at: